Sunday, July 24, 2011

I Heart Faces - Water

ETA: A lot of people are asking how this was done in the comments so I thought I better add it to the top :) Here's how I took this shot!
First, I got a piece of glass and rubbed car wax on it and wiped it off. Then I used a medicine dropper and added all the waterdrops all over (the car wax made the water bead up nicely, you can also try Rain X)
Then I set the piece of glass up on/between 2 dining room chairs so that there was enough room for someone to lay underneath it.
Next used my tripod and my 24-70L, set it to manual focus and that was it!

I had so much fun experimenting with this setup!! A certain little girl was a little too wiggly and anxious to play to let me get her position in the water drops JUST RIGHT, but I was still happy with the ones that I got!





Go check out all the other fun Water shots over at I Heart Faces! Click on the button or go to www.iheartfaces.com

36 comments:

  1. awesome!!! I did some multiplicity shots before and never thought of using a person as a subject.

    Great great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I just love this- it makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You win the prize for out-of-the-box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I am wondering how you did that!!! COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really cool. How'd you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. great idea, such fun -- adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! How the heck did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. WAY cool! I am going to have to try this

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much everyone!! I added how I did it to the top of my post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so cool! I am with all of the others asking how you did that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I wanna learn how to do that. What a cool shot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is super fantastic! What a fun shot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. This is SO cool. Lovelovelove it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never seen anything like this! I'm going to try it! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just have to chime in - this is amazing! I love the idea, and thanks for the how-to ... I might be trying it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! Coolest picture EVER!!!! This is amazing! How creative!

    ReplyDelete
  18. When I first saw your photo I thought it was photo shop. Such a creative idea! How did you come up with this? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you SO much everyone!
    I actually saw this idea on a photography forum I'm a member of and HAD to try it!! I've done a few different shots this way with other things underneath and they turn out really neat!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think I will go with everyone else...WOW! And thank you for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes, thanks for the explanation! It gives me some new ideas to think about and try out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is awesome! I really want to try it now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This looks pretty close to "just right" to me! So cool, and so creative. Great shot! =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Holly Cow! I love that it was done with the camera and not a computer manipulated image! Just Fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete